Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Reason Number I Don't Even Know Anymore

Writing is difficult. An understatement. I keep thinking any minute it's going to be warmer than it is now, which is defeatist.

Revision is ugh. I'm losing words, and feeling my writing become more lucid and more frenetic simultaneously. The story I'm working on is grotesque and campy in ways I haven't played with yet. I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'm having a good time fictionalizing. I guess that's all that matters for now.

In other news, I made soda bread, which was not amazing, but certainly tasty.

It's not the act of producing words, it's putting everything together, determining the overarching structure, the decision-making that accompanies structuring.

What a suckfest post.

4 comments:

X said...

Lately I've been a bit obsessed with making cornbread in my cast-iron pan...

twelve.dollar.soup said...

That is the best way to make cornbread, hands down. Especially if you like it slightly charred, grainy, and salty.

Ryan said...

I suck at cooking anything. Alex knows this...

I figured I'd share that since this is the "suckfest" post.

X said...

Grainy, salty cornbread is where it's at. Scott didn't like the coarse ground stuff so I mixed medium + coarse and he seems to be satisfied. Thinking of adding some rosemary & sage the next time...